There are a lot of things you the customer can do that make running a taxi company and being a taxi driver a lot easier;
1. When you ring up to book, speak clearly, so we can understand you and give the address of where you need picking up from. A postcode is not enough, we may need it, but its at the end of the address, not the start.
2. Next, give us as much detail about the job as you can for example do you want a wait and return? Do you need an extra stop on the way? If you give us this information, we can be more accurate with how long it will take to get you and other customers a vehicle.
3. Don’t withhold your number. We are going to ask for it anyway. If you won’t give us a number, you aren’t getting a taxi.
4. When the driver arrives, confirm the destination with him, and give him your name, he needs to know he has the right customer.
5. If you need a cash machine or only have a certain amount of money, tell the driver as soon as you get in, again it helps us to help you.
6. If you’re feeling chatty, then chat, if not then don’t either way is fine.
7. Don’t ask if you can take illegal drugs in the vehicle, the answer is no. And before eating or drinking anything in the vehicle please ask the driver and respect his wishes, it’s his office.
8. If you believe the driver is taking you the wrong way or the long way raise it with him politely immediately. We occasionally make mistakes, and any decent driver who has gone the wrong way will gladly correct his mistake and not charge you for it.
9. At the end of the journey, pay the fare. It might seem simple, but the drivers are out to earn a living, and they only get paid if you, the customer pay them the fare.